Saturday, October 7

Longwood

It's been a long time since I posted anything because I have been too busy. I had Thursday afternoon and all day Friday off so I got to watch Justine's field hockey team play Donegal and then visit Jon Thom @ Longwood Gardens. The gardens were pretty cool and in full bloom. The indoor gardens were particularly cool as well as the ponds with water lilies.

Water Lily Water Lily Water Lily

Tomorrow is the Big Sit! and I am gonna see if tomorrow's counters want to participate in that at all. It's a national event, with teams competing to see how many species they can see and hear from inside a 17-ft diameter circle.

This weekend is particularly long because we are going to be doing programs on Monday as well because of Columbus Day. I had the Raptor Study Techniques program today with Talal and I don't have it for the rest of the weekend so the "hardest" part is over. Tomorrow I will be at the North Lookout in the morning and at South in the afternoon. The winds look like they will change to NW in the afternoon and so the flight could be very good. Monday is supposed to also be NW winds so it could also be a good flight day. We had our second Golden Eagle today, as well as my 2nd Red-shouldered Hawk of the season so the later birds are already here. Now we are just waiting on Goshawk and Roughleg.

1 comment:

James Weber said...

Only you would get excited about staying inside a 17 foot circle.
:-)